Fiberglass Permacast® Columns
HB&G's PermaCast® columns are the most used columns in the United States. Made from a proprietary blend of fiber-reinforced polymers, PermaCast® columns provide an aesthetically pleasing column with exceptional structural capabilities. This durable and low maintenance column provides a seamless look to your front porch that stands up to the elements like no other product on the market.
PermaCast® columns are available in tapered, no-taper, square, craftsman, and RoughSawn® profiles. With a multitude of sizes and styles and a wide variety of caps and bases, you can truly make your front porch an inviting piece of art. PermaCast® columns are rot-proof weatherproof, insect proof, and come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Round Columns are available fluted or plain. Square columns are available in plain, fluted (in certain sizes), and recessed panel varieties. With the application of different moulding styles, an applied panel column can be achieved as well. Our latest innovation, the RoughSawn® column, gives you the look of a cedar post with the benefits of fiberglass. This style column is available in both square and craftsman options. PermaCast® columns, excluding RoughSawn® and Square Recessed Panel, can be factory split to wrap an existing post. Split columns are not load bearing.
To make installation easier, our 6-12" Round and Square Poly Tuscan Cap and Base sets with flashing cap come with the patented* Plumb-Fit® installation system included. (Plumb-bob not included)
Why PermaCast® Columns Are a Wise Choice
Most of us agree that wood columns provide a natural, classic look that beautifully complements older buildings. But PermaCast® columns – which emulate traditional styling with the added benefits of low-maintenance and high durability – are well worth considering for your structure.
In fact, more architects and builders are concluding that it's in their best interest to use fiberglass porch columns like our PermaCast® structural column versus a wooden column for many reasons. Structural columns made of PermaCast® provide these benefits:
- Water Resistance: Dry rot is a serious problem when wood columns are involved. Structural porch columns made of PermaCast® don't experience this problem. So if the column is being installed in a humid climate or on oceanfront property, PermaCast® is an especially good option.
- Insect-proof: No need to worry about bugs eating away at PermaCast® columns.
- Better Impact-Resistance: These structural fiberglass columns are durable, ensuring many years of outstanding performance.
- Easy to Install: PermaCast® columns are easy to cut or drill – just follow the simple instructions to install your columns with no fuss.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: At HB&G, we believe in our products. That's why your PermaCast® columns come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Affordably Priced: In addition to being crafted with quality materials, each fiberglass column's price is affordable to help ensure that your project stays within budget.
Types of PermaCast® Structural Columns
To match the style of your home or building, you can choose your structural fiberglass columns from various styles and shapes:
- RoughSawn® Columns: Enjoy the beauty of cedar posts without the hassles of wood. PermaCast® RoughSawn structural columns are low maintenance while maintaining your structure's rustic, farmhouse-style appeal.
- Craftsman Structural Porch Columns: These tapered square columns are ideal for a farmhouse or contemporary style home. Craftsman Columns are available in various sizes to match the look of your building.
- PermaCast® Round Porch Columns: Entasis is a gradual tapering of the upper part of round structural columns to create an optical illusion that's pleasing to the eye. The Greeks discovered this classic form, and our round tapered columns for porches embody its grace and elegance. We also have a large selection of round column bases and caps to enhance the overall look of round PermaCast® columns.
- Square Fiberglass Columns: Whether you want plain columns or are looking for recessed panels or fluted styles, HB&G can provide you with the square fiberglass columns to get the job done. Add flair to your columns by combining them with PermaCast® square bases and caps.
What Are Fiberglass Column Wraps?
Fiberglass column wraps are factory split, so you can wrap them around existing posts or columns to freshen up their look. Just to note, these split columns are non-load-bearing. Check out our reference guide, How to Tell if You Have Load-Bearing or Decorative Columns.
HB&G Has the PermaCast® Columns to Beautify Your Building
Whether it's new construction installation or updating existing structural columns, HB&G can help you get the job done on spec, on time and to the ultimate satisfaction of the property owner. With reliable, long-lasting building solutions, make HB&G Building Products your source for front porch columns and other outdoor living products. Shop HB&G today!
To obtain a fiberglass column's price, please fill out the contact form or call one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives at 1-800-264-4424. If you have warranty questions or want to file a claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form.contact us